Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week #23

I can't believe I finally finished. I really loved what I learned and wish I had taken my time to learn at a more leisurely pace; it would have given me much more time to explore. I really like online learning, and am signed up to do an InfoPeople Searching class in early November. I also recently completed an InfoPeople online social networking class with Meredith Farkas, so I'm getting the information in lots of different ways. I also started a Readers Advisory blog for my high school, and am in the process of bribing students into creating reviews and commenting on mine.
My favorite discoveries were:
  • that I have downloadable audiobooks available to me through my local Contra Costa Library.
  • how cool blogs could be as a tool for communication and marketing.
  • my google RSS reader--how did I ever live without this!!!!!
The only thing I could think of that you could do differently is somehow inspire people to continue and finish all the weeks. I noticed many people got off to a good start, me included, but faded out during summer. Maybe a weekly group email with lots of positive ideas would help us keep it more on the front burner...