Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thing #5


I played with a bunch of Flickr mashups last Friday.

I looked at: Flickrslidr.com -- makes a slideshow of selected pictures, sets or groups.

PictoBrowser -- allows display of flickr pics on a site or blog.

Mosaica -- creates a screensaver with your flickr pictures that morphs into a changing mosaic.

PrintrKillr -- is supposed to create instant calendars or playing cards, but couldn't locate my flickr acct.

FlickrPostcard Browser -- This app finds pictures by tags, and puts them up one-at-a-time on a black background. Reminds me of an old time photo album. Maybe my favorite of all those I played with.

I also played around with Trading Card Maker. I used one of the picture of Sarah and her friends and made it into a playing card. It was very cool. I was trying to make one of myself using my Yahoo avatar, but couldn't quite get everything to work correctly.
I also joined some groups, but don't think I'll use this feature much. I rarely even look at my own photos, much less someone else's.
I joined:
Libraries and Librarians
Wellesley College
San Francisco Architecture

No comments: